Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What is the difference between the Change of Address and the Address Notification online services?

Address Notification

Use the Address Notification service if you’re an immigrant who has just arrived in Canada as a permanent resident. This will make sure you automatically get your permanent resident card.

If we don’t get your address within 180 days of the date you entered Canada, you’ll have to re-apply for a permanent resident card and pay the fee.

Change of Address

Everyone else should use the Change of Address service to tell us their new home or mailing address. For more information, see “Who can use the Change of Address online service?”

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: