Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How is the Blended Visa Office-Referred Program different from the regular Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?

Under the Blended Visa Office-Referred (BVOR) Program, refugees are referred to Canadian visa offices abroad directly by the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR).

Many of the refugees sponsored under this program will be travel-ready and will arrive in Canada quickly, normally within 1-4 months.

The Government of Canada will generally provide up to six months of income support through the Resettlement Assistance Program, while private sponsors will provide another six months of financial support and up to a year of social and emotional support. Refugees are also covered under the Interim Federal Health Program for the duration of the sponsorship (one year), in addition to provincial health coverage.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: