How do I give my fingerprints and get an RCMP criminal record check from inside or outside Canada?
RCMP service delays
There’s currently a large demand for RCMP criminal record checks. Your request may be delayed. If this delay has affected you, we’ll automatically extend the deadline to provide the criminal record check by 30 days. You don’t need to contact us or the RCMP to extend the deadline.
If you have lived in Canada for more than 6 months since the age of 18, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) may ask you for fingerprints to complete your criminal record check.
Do not request a criminal record check unless we send you a letter asking for one.
If you need to submit fingerprints for a citizenship application, they must be collected inside Canada.
If you need to give your fingerprints for a criminal record check, this is not the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: