Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Who is eligible to take government-funded language classes?

You can take government-funded classes to improve your language skills in English or French if you are an adult:

  • permanent resident, or
  • protected person.

Children and youth will learn English and French at school.

If you are not eligible, there are other options. Check with your province or territory. They might offer language classes to temporary workers, students or new citizens.

You can get more information on all language training programs available to you from an organization that helps newcomers in your area.

There are also many schools that offer private language training. You will probably have to pay for these courses.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: