I’m pregnant. Can I wait until after I give birth to take the medical exam?
No. You still need to have a medical exam even if you’re pregnant.
However, some parts of the exam may be postponed until after you give birth. In that case, your application will be assessed only after all mandatory medical requirements are met.
You should discuss your options with the panel physician performing your medical exam.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: