I have applied for permanent residence. My spouse or partner and children are not coming with me. Do they need to get a medical exam?
All your dependants must have a medical exam done to make sure they’re admissible to Canada. They must be admissible to be able to be sponsored in the future.
Having inadmissible dependants might make you inadmissible for permanent residence.
Learn more about medical exams.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: