|Study permit (including extensions) – per person
Citizens of certain countries and territories have to give their biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when they apply for a visitor visa, study permit, or work permit. Find out if you need to give biometrics.
|Biometrics – per person
Biometrics – per family (2 or more people)
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place
Note: The biometrics fee covers:
- collecting fingerprints and a digital photo
- moving your documents between our visa office and the VAC where you gave your biometrics
If your children qualify as dependants and need to give their biometrics, you can pay the family fee.
How to pay your fees
Before you pay
Keep a copy of your fee receipt for your records.
If you pay the wrong fees or don’t use one of the methods listed below, we will return your application to you without processing it. Once we start processing, we can’t refund your fees.
You’ll have to pay any costs for
- returning your file
- overpayments, or
- any unrelated documents you included with your application by accident.
If we asked you to pay this fee for an application we are processing
- follow the instructions on the payment request
- send proof of your payment with a copy of the original request from the office that asked you to pay it
Pay and apply online
You’ll pay your fees directly within the online application (e-app) when you apply.
This is the only way you can pay this fee when applying online.
Pay online and apply on paper
You can only use this option if you submit a paper application.
If you are applying online, you can only pay when you submit your application through your account.
To pay your fees online, you need
When you finish, you must
- print a copy of your receipt
- submit it to any VAC with your application.
Apply from a different country
Payment instructions will change depending on the country you apply from.
Choose a different location to see payment instructions for other countries.
- Date modified: