Pay your fees online
Need a refund?
The process for your refund depends on how you paid.
Not all applications require online payment. Check the payment options for your application before you continue.
Some fees that you can pay here include fees for
- a new paper immigration or citizenship application
- some online permanent residence applications
- some online citizenship applications
- some passport and travel document services outside Canada and the United States
- adding a family member to an Express Entry application that you already submitted
- the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)
- additional fees for an application you already submitted (online or on paper)
For most online applications, you must pay when you submit your application. Don’t pay here.
Follow these steps to pay your fees.
Step 1: Check if you’re eligible
You can’t check if you’re eligible for the program you’re paying for when you pay your fees.
Don’t pay the wrong citizenship or immigration fees. Before you pay, check your application guide to:
- make sure you’re eligible
- know what fees you need to pay
If you pay the wrong fees or fees are missing, we may return your application.
Step 2: Get your payment card ready
The card you use does not have to be in your name. The cardholder’s name will appear on the receipt, but it does not need to match your application.
You can pay with a credit card, prepaid card or a debit card.
Credit cards and prepaid cards
We accept credit cards and prepaid cards from:
- American Express®
If you use a prepaid credit card, keep the card for at least 18 months after you pay. This will make refunds easier. Find more on prepaid cards.
Starting November 30, 2021, you can’t pay with debit cards using Interac® Online. We’ll still accept all Debit MasterCard® and Visa® Debit cards.
The debit card must be:
- from a Canadian bank using Interac®Online
- registered for online banking through your bank’s website
We also accept Visa Debit.
Step 3: Pay your fees
Temporary resident to permanent resident pathway
If you pay before you apply, and cannot submit your application due to the stream reaching its limit, you can ask for a refund.
If you submit an application, and it’s refused for any reason (including submitting incomplete documents):
- Only the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will be refunded.
- No other fees will be refunded.
You have 2 options to choose your fees. With both options, you’ll be able to review your choices before you pay.
With this option, you select your application type to see the list of related fees. Then you enter how many of each fee you want to pay for.
Step 4: Include your receipt with your application
After you pay, we’ll email you a copy of your receipt.
- If you’re applying on paper, print the receipt and include it with your application.
- If you’re paying additional fees for an application you already submitted online, follow the instructions we sent to your account.
You can log in at any time to view all your receipts.
- Date modified: