Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I work while I am waiting to receive my post-graduation work permit?

You can work full-time while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit (PGWP) application if, at the time you submitted your application, all of the following applied to your situation:

  • You had a valid study permit.
  • You had completed your program of study.
  • You were eligible to work off campus without a permit.
  • You did not work off campus more than 20 hours a week during academic sessions.

Changes to off-campus work hours

You may be eligible to work more than 20 hours per week off campus under a temporary public policy. Find out if you meet the requirements.

If you received the WP-EXT for PGWP (IMM 0127 E) letter

You’re authorized to work until a decision is made on your work permit application even if the 180-day validity date has expired. If you need proof of authorization to continue working, you can ask for it by using our web form.

Find out more about work authorization after submitting a post-graduation work permit application.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: