What will happen to an application for a family member I didn’t declare if it’s in process, or was denied?
The public policy only applies to
- new applications or
- those where we didn’t make a final decision before the public policy was announced
If your application is in process
If you have an application in process and your family member qualifies for the pilot project, you don’t need to do anything. We’ll review any applications that were already submitted if they are eligible under the pilot project.
If your application was already denied
If you applied before and the application was denied, you may be able to submit a new application to sponsor them, if they
- are eligible to be sponsored and
- qualify for the pilot project
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- What is the pilot project to sponsor undeclared family members?
- Who’s eligible for the pilot project to sponsor undeclared family members?
- How do I sponsor my undeclared family member through the pilot project?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: