Under the Self-Employed Persons Program, what is meant by a significant contribution?
There is no formal definition of “significant contribution.” Visa officers can use their judgment. A contribution to athletics or the arts, even at less than a national standard, may still be significant at the local level.
Please note that you must contribute to economic activities in Canada. This does not mean you cannot contribute to some activities outside of Canada.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- How can I qualify to immigrate to Canada as a self-employed person?
- How do I immigrate to Canada to become a self-employed person?
- What is the relevant experience requirement to immigrate as self-employed persons?
- Under the Self-Employed Persons Program, what does cultural activities mean?
- Is there a net worth requirement for the self-employed program?
- What are the language requirements to immigrate under the program for self-employed people?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: