Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What are the language requirements to immigrate under the program for self-employed people?

If you applied as a self-employed person on or after March 3, 2011, you must include the results of an English or French language test with your application. This will ensure your language skills are considered when we assess your application.

It must be a third-party language test from an agency approved by IRCC.

This rule applies to all self-employed applicants who want to claim points for their language skills.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to video

Glossary term

Date modified: