How to pay your fees
Before you pay
Keep a copy of your fee receipt for your records.
If you pay the wrong fees or don’t use one of the methods listed below, we will return your application to you without processing it. Once we start processing, we can’t refund your fees.
You’ll have to pay any costs for
- returning your file
- overpayments, or
- any unrelated documents you included with your application by accident.
If we asked you to pay this fee for an application we are processing
- follow the instructions on the payment request
- send proof of your payment with a copy of the original request from the office that asked you to pay it
What you need to pay your fees online
Do not exit without printing or saving the receipt! The receipt is your proof of payment!
- At the end, click on the “Save” button to save a PDF copy of the IRCC official receipt.
- Upload a copy of this receipt to your online application when asked.
Incorrect fee payment
Incorrect fee payments may delay processing.
Payment issue – No fee included
If you don’t pay the fee, we’ll return your application.
Once you pay your fees and return your application, we’ll start processing it.
Payment issue – Not enough fees included
If you underpay, we’ll return your application and tell you how much to pay.
Once you return your application with the correct fees, we’ll start processing it.
Payment issue – Overpayment
If you overpay, we’ll:
- start processing your application, and
- send you a refund automatically.
Payment issue – required biometric fee not included
If you didn’t pay the biometric fee, we’ll tell you:
- how much it is
- how to pay it
Once you send the missing fees we’ll continue processing your application.
- Date modified: