Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What is a qualifying job offer for the Federal Skilled Trades Program?

This means an offer of continuous, full-time employment from up to two Canadian employers, for at least 30 hours a week. The job offer must be for a period of at least one year.

You must have a job offer if you do not have a certificate of qualification in your skilled trade issued by a Canadian province or territory.

Under Express Entry, most job offers need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

The LMIA verifies that Canadian labour market has a need for this type of worker, and that your employer(s) have tried to hire a Canadian or permanent resident first.

In some cases, your employer does not need an LMIA to support your job offer. Find out more about jobs that are exempt.

You must complete an Express Entry profile as the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: