Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I want to take language or prerequisite classes. Can I apply through the Student Direct Stream?

Yes. You can apply for a study permit through the Student Direct Stream if you want to take English or French language or prerequisite classes.

We’ll only process your study permit through this faster stream if you meet all the eligibility requirements. If you don’t, we’ll review it as a regular study permit. You won’t get faster processing if this happens.

If you’re taking classes required to get into a longer study program

If you have a conditional letter of acceptance or are taking a prerequisite class or bridging program:

  • your class must be at least 6 months long
  • your letter of acceptance must identify your class or program as being a prerequisite or bridging program, and
  • your main study program must:
    • lead to a degree, diploma or certificate, and
    • be at least 6 months long

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: