I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents, but didn’t get an email confirmation. How do I get it?
If you didn’t get our email confirmation and the Find out if you’re invited to apply page says you were invited
- check the same email account you used on the interest to sponsor form
- check the junk mail folder to see if the email from us is there
When an intake opens, if we can’t send an invitation through email because you provided an invalid email address and the invitation was undeliverable, we’ll send it by mail to the mailing address you listed on your form, so you should check your physical mailbox as well.
If you try all these things and still don’t have an invitation, use the Find your lost confirmation number page to ask for a copy of your invitation. You can also use the Find your lost confirmation number page to
- get your invitation status
- get the confirmation number you received when you submitted your 2020 interest to sponsor form
- tell us your new email address if you’re no longer using the one you put on your 2020 interest to sponsor form
Answers others found useful
- What is a complex family sponsorship application?
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
- What counts as income for sponsoring my parents and grandparents?
- What’s considered social assistance when sponsoring my parents and grandparents?
- What proof do I need for changes to my information after I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents?
- What if my birth certificate is different from other documents (or I don’t have one)?
- Will you refuse my application if I put a different parent than on my interest to sponsor form?
- Do I need a marriage certificate for my parents/grandparents sponsorship application?
- I’m sponsoring my parent. I don’t know where their separated spouse is. How do I apply?
- Do I include time on parental leave in my employment history for sponsoring my parents?
- What do I put for the date of birth (or death) of my family member if I don’t know it?
- How can I quickly get information about my Canadian citizenship to sponsor parents/grandparents?
- Date modified: