Can I apply for a work permit as a visitor in Canada?
Normally, visitors can’t apply for work permits from inside Canada. Due to a temporary policy change, visitors can apply online for an employer-specific work permit.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Can I hold 2 valid work permits at the same time?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: